With the price of oil being manipulated on the commodities market it makes you wonder just how far the corruption goes. The CFTC admitted they are ill equipped to carry out a ligitiment investigation of the market and some investigators stated off record that maybe the Justice Department should be leading the investigation. The question has risen just how many public officials have hidden investments in the commodities market. With the recent floods and the loss of corn, soybean and other commodities will the speculators drive the prices so high America will be driven into the worst Recession in modern history?
The State of America today reminds me more and more of the early stages leading up to the French Revolution. While historic revisionist will disagree on the exact cause for rebellion, a few things are clear;
1) Only the Elitist and privileged Aristocrats held power
2) A burdensome national debt was destroying the economy
3) Price of food due to high taxes led to famine among the peasants and lower class
4) Unemployment among the the poorest jumped to historic levels
5) The governing powers became out of touch with the common citizen
6) Land and homes were being taken away due to unemployment and high taxes
7) The government refused to reform and tackle the corruption within the Monarchy
8) Corruption ran high throughout all of government
9) The privileged and rich became more privileged and wealthier
10) When people complained they could not afford the price of bread, the arrogant response from the Monarchy was "let them eat cake."
Today Americans are desperate for lower prices to feed, clothe and afford homes for our children. Taxes are too high and we are taxed on everything we buy or own. The only answer coming from Federal, State and Local governments is to raise taxes higher and create new ones on business, which will stifle growth and create higher unemployment. Democrats in Congress and the Democrat Presidential Candidate are openly calling for Nationalizing everything from Health Care to Refineries to Oil Companies, turning America into a Socialist state. The average American is not stupid. We understand the elitist in government will look out for themselves before concerning themselves with the lower class. We understand how greed and power can corrupt every politician and member of the press. We understand how these same people will sell their soul for power and money. We also understand how they will do everything in their power to keep the lower class down and never relinquish the power they have over us.
This a corrupt do nothing Congress that is intent on bringing this nation to its knees in order to sway an election and gain more power. At a time when most of Americans are calling for Congress and the White House to lift the bans on domestic drilling the government says NO!
This is no longer a government "of the people, by the people, for the people", instead it is a government "of the wealthy, by the wealthy, for the wealthy."
It is time we let this Congress know we love our country and our form of government. We will not allow America to be turned into another Soviet Union. We are not Venezuela and will not allow Nationalization of free enterprise in America. We demand a Congress that listens to the will of the people instead of their own self interest. If the Democrats continue their refusal to do what is right for America then we have no recourse but follow in our forefathers footsteps and vote the bums out.